CHRISTMAS CARD: Hello Bluebird - Frosty Friends_Inspired by Yana Smakula

Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog!  Are you ready for some more Christmas inspiration? This card was inspired by the amazing Yana Smakula! I hope that the inspiration is clear, but I truly wanted to create a simple card but at the same time using lots of images. So I played with placement and layout... and I came up with this Christmas card, I hope you like it... 


You can watch the video by clicking HERE to watch at the my Youtube channel. A supply list can be found at the bottom of this blog post. 


I started by figuring out a layout using the Frosty Friends stamp set from Hello Bluebird. To be able to lay them out in a rectangle, I used the Rectangle Extraordinaire Stencil from MFT as a guide (there are other options to help you as well). Once I liked the layout, I stamped all of the image on top of a white panel (die cut with the A2 Rectangle Frames from MFT, the biggest size). 

  • Red: R37, R35, R24
  • Green: YG17, YG23, YG00
  • Yellow: YR04, Y19, Y15
  • Orange: YR09, YR04
  • Snowman: G0000
  • Wood: E50, E37
  • Reindeer: E37, E33, E53 / E11, E01
  • Penguin: W6, W5, W3 / W0

For the coloring, I used my copic markers (combination listed above). Next, I added white gelly roll pen details on top of all the images. I also decided to add a few embellishment by Taylored Expressions. 


Before adding my colored panel on top of my card base, I added a red card stock in between. I hope you like this simple card! 


Supplies:
  • Hello Bluebird - Frosty Friends
  • Hello Bluebird - Frosty Friends Die
  • MFT - A2 Rectangle Frames
  • MFT - Rectangle Extraordinaire Stencil (as guide)
  • Transotype: Perfect Colouring Paper
  • Concord and 9th Card Stock: Cranberry
  • MFT Extreme Black Ink
  • Copic Markers: see above
  • Taylored Expressions: Tiny Diamonds - Bold
  • White Gelly Roll Pen
  • Lawn Fawn Glue Tube
  • Foam Tape

Reacties