HELLO BLUEBIRD CHALLENGE: Hello Bluebird - Spooky Spellers (#hellobluebirdhalloweenchallenge)

Hello everyone! Today's card is my current entry for the Hello Bluebird Challenge (#hellobluebirdhalloweenchallenge). I decided to create a card, keeping in mind the theme of this challenge: Halloween. Since it had been a while since I made a monochrome card... I created a purple card, purple is such a powerful color! This color keeps amazing me every time I use it. Do you have a color like this? Is there a color that keeps amazing you every time you use it?


You can watch the video below or click HERE to watch at my Youtube channel. A supply list can be found at the bottom of this blog post.


For this card, I started by coloring the bat from Spooky Spellers from Hello Bluebird (three times) using copic markers (combination listed below). Next, I used the matching die to cut them out. 


For the background, I took an A2 sized panel and created a night sky scene on top of it using distress inks. The key to this backogurnd truly was the amazing Nighttime Sky Stencil from Lawn Fawn and building up the amount and pressure of the inks that I blended. Once I was happy with the bland, I added white splatters using gouache. 


For the sentiment, I white heat embossed a sentiment from the Itty Bitty Boos from MFT on top of black card stock. After die cutting the sentiment into a strip, I had all of the elements ready to assemble the card. So I adhered everything together on a card base, I hope you like it xxx 



Supplies: 
  • Hello Bluebird - Spooky Spellers
  • Hello Bluebird - Spooky Spellers Die
  • MFT - Itty Bitty Boos
  • MFT - Itty Bitty Strips
  • Lawn Fawn - Nighttime Sky Stencil
  • Mama Elephant - Basic Rectangles
  • Transotype: Perfecrt Colouring Paper
  • Concord & 9th Card Stock: Black
  • Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink: Obsidian
  • Versamark Clear Embossing Ink
  • Distress Inks: Black Soot, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, Tumbled Glass
  • Copic Markers: V17, V15, V12 / V01, V000
  • Ranger Embossing Powder: White (super fine detail)
  • Winsor & Newton: Designer Gouache - Permanent White 
  • Pritt Adhesive Roller
  • NUVO Deluxe Adhesive 
  • Thin Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives

Reacties