CHRISTMAS CARDS: Hello Bluebird - My Snowman & MFT - Watercolor Wash Stencil / Free Form

Hello everyone, today's cards are inspired by this spectacular card from nickynoocards (Nicky Meek)! More specifically, the background and the copic marker combination for the pink color. I was so amazed by her card, that I checked her blogpost and lucky me... she listed her distress (oxide) ink combination as well as all her copic combinations on her blog. I hope that these 3 cards (similar, but still different) can inspire you today!


You can watch the video below or click HERE to watch at my Youtube channel. A supply list can be found at the bottom of this blog post.


For this card, I started by coloring the images that I wanted to used from the My Snowman set from Hello Bluebird. I used my copic markers (combinations listed below), afterwards I used the matching die to cut all of it out. 

  • Snowman: G000, G0000 / YR68, YR65
  • Grey (hat, buttons): W6, W4, W3
  • Pink: RV14, RV13, R20, R000, W5, W2 (inspired by Nicky Meek)
  • Cat: E33, E53, E51
  • Dog: E47, E37, E33, E53

For the backgrounds, I used the same distress inks every time (inspired by Nicky Meek). Once with a stencil, once on a panel (to go behind a die cut panel) and once on the die cut watercolor wash free form shape (from die cutting the Watercolor Wash Free Form Die from MFT out of a white panel).


I also added white splatters (gouache) on top of each blended piece. After stamping and die cutting the sentiment 3 times, I assembled all of the cards. I hope by sharing these cards, I might inspire you. Enjoy creating! xxx 



Supplies:
  • Hello Bluebird - My Snowman
  • Hello Bluebird - My Snowman Die
  • MFT - Watercolor Wash Stencil
  • MFT - Watercolor Wash Free Form
  • Mama Elephant - Basic Rectangles
  • Transotype: Perfect Colouring Paper
  • MFT Ink: Extreme Black
  • Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet, Black Soot (inspired by Nicky Meek)
  • Copic Markers: see above
  • Winsor & Newton: Designer Gouache - Permanent White 
  • Stickles: Star Dust
  • Ranger: Glossy Accents
  • Thin Foams Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives
  • E-Z Dots Mini Permanent Adhesive Roller (Scrapbook Adhesives)
  • NUVO Deluxe Adhesive
  • Foam Tape

Reacties

  1. Your color combinations are stunning! You make it seem so easy. Though I personally prefer the distress oxides, I think I would be able to recreate your backgrounds and I really thank you for your inspiration.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten